Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reservation Hell

So I woke up at 7:30 this morning to call the Eurail Booking Center in Paris to book some of the trains that require additional mandatory reservations.  I spent 30 minutes + on hold before speaking to someone and then another 30 minutes booking the reservations.  As soon as I hung up, I realized that the final reservations that she read back to me (and I jotted down) had a mistake. The train from Rome to Venice which we had discussed needed to be on the 29th of September had been booked on the 26th of September. I didn't realize this mistake until I had already hung up...of course.  So I called back to correct this mistake and after another 30 minute hold, I was told that reservations can't be changed and I would need to book another reservation. On top of that 20 Euros down the drain, I have to make the new reservation with the first person I spoke with and she was busy so I had to leave my number for her to call me back. AHH! Frustrated!

Also I just put my pack on with my satchel just to make sure I could wear them at the same time...I can't. So I contemplated just holding the satchel in my hand during travel and using it by itself as a day pack.  Unfortunately after putting my laptop in the satchel and wear it for 30 seconds I had to take it off because it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. So back to the store it goes and I am back on the search for a new comfortable day pack.

Even though today has been frustrating, I can't complain because I am so lucky to be able to go on this trip period.  I'm sure that these aren't the only set backs I will have in the process of this trip but the trip will be awesome enough to far outweigh the bumps along the way :)

Only 1 WEEK left!!

1 comment:

  1. SUCCESS!!! lol I got a call back from the reservation lady saying that she just read the reservation wrong and it was indeed for the correct date!! Problem solved :)

    ReplyDelete