Saturday, September 8, 2012

Paris

Sorry it has taken so long to post. The flight here was...AWFUL...Terrible plane...Terrible child in front of me...and the ceiling was dripping on me...and I was soooo sleep deprived for the first day or two. But enough of that. Lets move onto Paris...

Paris...Hmmm what to say about Paris....Its a walking city (I Hate Walking). Lots of French people can speak English...but they don't want to.   Paris doesn't have well located hostel...I have to take like 3 different trains to get anywhere decent.  Parisians love baguettes...Not Complaining...

Even though I can pretty much assure everyone that Paris will not be my favorite city, I have had some fun here.  We went to the Arc de Triomphe and took picture and looked around. I thought it was a pretty neat site. We found a beautiful flower shop nearby and looked around. From there we walk around for a few hours and finally made our way over the the Eiffel Tower.  We decided that since we are here, we need to go to the top of it.  It was great timing! We got to the top (on the elevator because our legs were dead from walking like 10 miles) just as the sun was setting. It was really pretty.  Just as we got to the bottom the lights came on which was also very pretty.  I got a picture of the tower from a street artist (hopefully I can keep it safe until the end of my trip.)  Today we took a day trip to the Palace of Versailles. It was very beautiful and we had a great guide that taught us WAY more than we would have been able to figure out alone. We were lucky enough to be there on the weekend when they turn on all of the fountains.  It was really fun but we walked for about 5 hours straight....EXHAUSTING.  Tomorrow I plan to go to Notre Dame and a few other sites. I'll update again after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment