Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rome is so cool :)

I got to explore Rome today and had a WONDERFUL time.  Its a really neat city with many cool sights and some really good food.  I met two people from my hotel on the shuttle into the city center. We ended up traveling together the whole day. The girl's name was Traci and it worked out really well because we had some very similar travel stories and we are very similar when it comes to how we like to explore a new city.  We saw so many cool things like the Roman Forum, the Vatican, Arch of Constantine, Circus Maximus, Castle Sant'Angelo, Piazza Venezia, the Trevi Fountain and of course the Colosseum. After seeing all of those things we strolled up and down beside the river looking at all these little shops that were set up in tents there. I got a picture of the Colosseum to add to the other pictures that I have from Amsterdam and Paris. I was glad to have some buddies to explore with!  I ate a yummy fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil panini for lunch which was really good.  I also tried some Gelato (Caramel, Rassberry and Coffee flavors) which was good too. 

Now I am back at hotel and I am really tired and a bit sunburned. I also have had a really sore throat (that is radiating pain to my ear) and what seems to be a very red and lumpy throat...Probably to much info but I'm just keeping it real lol. Sooo I am going to go take Advil and hopefully get some good sleep so I am ready for more adventures tomorrow!  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment