Tuesday, September 11, 2012

To Amsterdam

Yesterday morning we boarded our train (our first time using the eurail pass) for Amsterdam!! (peace out Paris)  The train ride went really well. The seats were very comfortable and there was wifi. I slept most of the time. When we arrived in Amsterdam we found our hostel very easily. It was so close to Amsterdam Centraal which means it is in a GREAT location.  I love the location of the hostel and the staff is nice but I have to be honest, the rooms are Nasty...They smell and we are in a 18 bed dorm in a basement...Not loving the atmosphere...BUT the location is wonderful. So we checked in and I dropped my bags in my room and headed out to explore. I walked all around the city. I sat at an outdoor cafe and had a good lunch while people watching. I also discovered a really cute and yummy chocolate shop on one of the side streets.  I just weaved up and down the alleys around the canals.  I also visited the Anne Frank House which I had been really excited for and it definitely lived up to my expectations.  

After a long day of walking around, I came back to the hostel to wash up and get ready to go out.  We went on the Red Light District Pub Crawl which was a LOT of fun. I met this really cool Irish couple who I hung around with all night. After the pub crawl I came back to the hostel and got on the internet for a while and then headed to sleep. I was woken up at about 4:30 along with many of my other pissed off roommates because there were 19 people in the 18 person dorm and Mr. 18 and his guest were being very loud (if you know what I mean)....Seriously guy??

So I have decided that I am going to change some of my plans and reservations. I am going to be booking some hotels instead of hostels...

Tonight I plan on maybe doing an actual tour of the downtown part of the city.

I am planning on maybe leaving here tomorrow and heading somewhere else..We will see what happens. I will keep you updated

No comments:

Post a Comment